Sunday 25 December 2011

Building of Paris

"Reality is not simply there, it does not simply exist : it must be sought out and won." ―Paul Celan

"I like my city, but I can't say exactly what I like about it. I don't think it is the smell.  I 'm too accustomed to the moments to want to look at them... I like certain lights, a few bridges, cafe terraces, I love passing through a place I haven't seen for a long time." ―Georges Perec. [Species of Spaces and Other Pieces]



Select and study one of the following eleven Building of Paris. Through a careful re-drawing, consider the project in relation to circulation, "the space of movement", and it's furniture. Prioritize drawings that are analytical, that have measure, and that are non-pictorial.


"I like the idea that creativity is in fact the art of reprocessing what already exists and not, after all, anything divine or mysterious." ― Jasper Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment